AJ Executive Travel LTD (AJ Travel) – Terms & Conditions:
- Your contract with AJ Travel is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of the United Kingdom.
- Please ensure all UK guidelines pertaining to child seating are adhered. It is the responsibility of the hirer to provide adequate child seats as required by UK law.
- Bookings must be paid for in full by 17:00 and no later than 5 working days before the departure date. AJ Travel reserves the right to terminate the booking if the payment has not been made in full unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- AJ Travel reserve the right to refuse or terminate a booking should we consider a booking has been placed using deceptive or fraudulent means.
- AJ Travel will not be held responsible for financial or personal loss to you or any member of your group in the event of mechanical failures and events beyond its control. Events beyond AJ Travel’s control include (but are not limited to) war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, technical problems with transport including changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of hire by AJ Travel or alteration of the vehicle or vehicle type for reasons beyond AJ Travel’s control.
- AJ Travel cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by closed or congested roads, villages, towns and cities, hurricanes, other actual or potential severe weather conditions and any other similar events. Whether this affects timings of pick-ups and/or cancellation of the hire.
- All pick up times are to be strictly adhered to unless you have a prior written agreement with AJ Travel. We allow a maximum waiting time of 15 minutes past your booked time. We may have other bookings in place for the vehicle and driver so if you run over the 15 minute grace period the vehicle may leave without notice. We are also strictly governed by UK driving laws relating to drivers hours so require that you adhere to your booked times to avoid the driver leaving without you. If this is the case our usual cancellation policy will apply and there will be no refunds paid or owed.
- If you go over the grace period for your booked time there will be a hourly charge payable of £50 for a standard vehicle and £100 for a luxury vehicle. The minimum charge for going over will be equivalent to 1 hours charge. This charge must be paid directly to the driver in cash before departing. In order to avoid these charges please ensure you stick to your booked times.
- Should your allocated vehicle be unavailable, AJ Travel will endeavor to match or exceed your booked vehicle with an equivalent or better model. However AJ Travel are unable, to guarantee any specifications to vehicles, including (but not limited to); interior features, possible decorative themes, amounts of inclusive beverages and colour scheme (including body colour) of your vehicle.
- Cancellations will only be accepted by email that has been confirmed as received by AJ Travel. Any cancellation made within 5 working days of travel will result in no refund being issued. Your deposit is non refundable and retained on any cancellation. No refund is available for any booking cancelled within 5 working days prior to departure.
- Amendments to your booking are permitted no later than 3 working days prior to hire unless authorized by an agent. We take no responsibility for amendments made unless issued with a new booking confirmation. Please note that in some instances, a major change (such as dates, times and changes by you to the vehicle hired) will be classed as a cancelation and will apply accordingly. An Amendment Fee of £25 is charged for any amendment made to your booking. The amendment fee will be charged addition to any amendment costs resulting in an increase or decrease of the cost of hire. Should we be unable to proceed with an amendment, and you wish to cancel your booking, our standard cancellation policy will apply, in line with your original booking.
- AJ Travel reserve the right to change the vehicle requested for a hire by you at any time. This includes (but is not limited to) the colour and the style of the vehicle (including model type). AJ Travel will only do so if we feel the requested vehicle is unfit to carry you and your passengers, AJ Travel cannot guarantee to match your original vehicle. By placing a booking, you are confirming you are accepting this policy, and we will not be held responsible for claims regarding this policy by you against AJ Travel.
- Use of prohibited substances, consuming alcohol and smoking in any of our vehicles is forbidden. Should our drivers become aware of any such transgressions from you or your travelling group AJ Travel will reserve the right to cancel the hire with immediate effect and eject all passengers at the first safe place to do so. AJ Travel will not be held accountable for any resulting travel costs and AJ Travel will inform relevant authorities.
- Any damage caused to the vehicle by any member of your party shall become the sole responsibility of you. Any costs associated with repairs and damage must be paid by you in the time frame agreed with AJ Travel. An additional daily charge may be imposed should the vehicle be taken out of commission a daily hire rate effective to that vehicle. Criminal Damage may be reported to relevant persons/authorities.
- If you have a complaint about your arrangements please contact our Customer Service Department at the address given at the end of these Terms and Conditions, within 7 days of returning from your hire, to allow your complaint to be investigated by AJ Travel accordingly. Please write your booking reference number on your letter, and include your daytime and evening telephone numbers. Failure to supply any part of this information will result in AJ Travel dismissing your complaint. If you do not give AJ Travel the opportunity to resolve any problem locally by reporting it to your driver (during the hire period), then AJ Travel may not be able to deal positively with any complaint on your return, and dismiss any request from you for refunds and/or compensation.
AJ Travel accepts no responsibility for claims on number of passengers being carried in a vehicle. Any comments made by agents, drivers or suppliers will be classed as a personal opinion and will not represent the views of AJ Travel. We will place a vehicle hire based on the number of passengers that the vehicle you have booked is designed for.
AJ Travel reserve the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Should AJ Travel decide to do so, AJ Travel will e-mail these Changes to you on your e-mail address no less than 10 days prior to your event day. You have 7 Days in which to raise an objection to the amendments. Should AJ Travel not receive a reply from you then we will assume you have accepted our new Terms and Conditions, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- It is incumbent upon the hirer and the hirer’s TMs party to behave in a proper manner for the duration of their journey. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and as such may refuse to allow a passenger or passengers to board the Vehicle or eject them from the Vehicle if, in his sole discretion, he considers them unfit to travel for whatever reason (for example, being intoxicated, aggressive or abusive). The Driver may refuse to continue a journey if in his sole discretion he considers any passenger to be behaving in such a way as may compromise the safety of other persons, the contents of the Vehicle or the Vehicle itself. In such event, at the driver’s sole discretion, the journey may continue once the passenger or passengers have been removed from the vehicle, but should passenger conduct result in summary termination of the journey, the company reserves the right to cancel any other parts of a booking, and in such circumstances the forfeiture of any monies paid, and no claims for compensation or refund in
either whole or part shall be entertained.
- Any damage caused to the vehicle by the hirer or any of the passengers shall be the responsibility of the hirer and the hirer shall be liable for all costs related thereto.
- No part of these Terms and Conditions affects your rights as a consumer. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to your rights as a consumer.
- Upon placing a booking with AJ Travel, unless a deposit has been received within 48 hours by AJ Travel your booking has not been confirmed. By placing your deposit with AJ Travel you are accepting that the terms of this Agreement, which incorporate the information, restrictions and obligations detailed herein. You thereby agree to abide by the entire agreement between AJ Travel and yourself with regards to your booking and your travel arrangements. You also consent to us processing personal information you have supplied to us and other members of your travel party, should this information be provided to us.